Getting Started - What Can I Expect
When you arrive you will be welcomed by our friendly WestStar Staff. You may want to arrive a few minutes early to your first lesson as we will get you to fill in some basic details. You will receive all the latest information on class times, membership plans and how to get the best value for your time and money.
Don’t worry if you’ve never done martial arts before or haven’t worked out for a while, we encourage you to find your own level in class. We want you to get the most out of your time so our classes are designed to be interactive with the group. We recommend comfortable work out gear.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AS A BEGINNER
- You will be introduced to how a dojo (training place) runs and how to act during the class.
- We will discuss topics such as self control, self discipline and self knowledge.
- You will learn the movements of a boxer, how to hold up your hands, how to punch and more importantly how to avoid being hit.
- You will be introduced to the awesome kicking systems of Taekwondo and Kickboxing.
- You will learn simple Ju Jitsu and Judo moves.
- You will sweat it out and tone up in a high energy, high intensity work out. Even after a short time you will be able to do 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 squats.
- You will learn how to control the distance between you and anyone else.
- You will be taught how to control fear and panic and how to cope with stress.
- You will be taught the concept of centering and becoming present.
- You will be part of a positive, motivated and respectful group of like minded people that are interested in becoming better physically, mentally and spiritually.