Life is short, but there is always time enough for courtesy. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Each week we discuss a Black Belt Attitude topic with the kids in our Warrior Talk. This week will be on Courtesy. Please pass this on to as many people as you can.
Developing a Black Belt Attitude: COURTESY
- To consciously respect and acknowledge other people’s space and to be mindful when we enter it.
- We have to constantly remind ourselves that every other living being has a right to exist free of judgement and free of being bullied.
- It is inherent to our own nature to always put our own comfort zone first, and we often need to be reminded that we are not actually the centre of the universe.
- Pure courtesy comes from conscious action free from the constraints of the ego.
- To be courteous because that is the right action for that situation.
- Courtesy is not weakness, it shows strength. Courtesy and kindness go hand in hand.
BASIC ACTION FOR THIS WEEK.
- For this week try being unconditionally courteous.
- Respect that everyone has a space that they think is important.
- Learn to respond to every situation free from the ego (now that’s a challenge).
- Always be polite to everyone; we never hear enough please and thank you.
- Say excuse me when you enter and move through someone else’s space.
- Respond with a smile … say “that’s okay”