Developing a Black Belt Attitude: Friendship
- A masterpiece of nature. Another with whom we share gladly our joy, our triumphs, our defeats and disappointments just the same. The sharing of which eases each’s load and strain along the journey of life. Propping up one another along the way.
- A part of ourselves mirrored in a glance that conveys all that need not be said.
- Of no commercial value, friendship is a treasure above no other.
- Friendship is showing unconditional support, loyalty and honesty. A friend is someone you can call on no matter the time day or night knowing they’ll be there for you.
- Friendship is accepting your friends the way they are with their faults, mistakes, good and bad. It’s being loyal to them and knowing you have a shoulder to lean on when the going gets tough.
- True friendship is service. Giving without expecting anyhting in return and because the friendship itself is already a gift.
- Friends are those people in your life who make it richer in more ways than the effort seems to indicate. It is easy and natural for you to be around them, and they around you. There are no expectations because who you are is already enough. You share laughs, loads, and life in general.
- They are people you want to be with and you don’t need a reason why.
“A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” Arnold H. Glasow