“Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
Our first grading will be on Sunday June 24 at the Subiaco PCYC. Times are as follows:
Juniors: 8:30 a.m – 9:00 a.m
Mighty Mites: 9:15 a.m – 9:45 a.m
Adults: 10:30 a.m – 12:00 p.m
Gradings are an inspirational occasion. WestStar Martial Arts is not about “winning” or being the best compared to others. Correct martial arts training is very personal, so it is about rising above your own personal limitations and breaking your own personal barriers. It’s just as inspiring to see a Mighty Mite white belt achieve their first yellow belt as it is seeing a high level Black Belt go up a grade.
The Grading fee is $40 payable on the day (cash or cheque only). You must register yourself or your child for each Grading, either by return email or by completing the Grading register in class.
A reminder that students need to have attended at least 10 classes before they are eligible to grade from white to yellow belt, and 15 classes from yellow belt to green tip. We will look to have another grading early next term for those who aren’t quite ready for the June Grading.
Developing a Black Belt Attitude: WINNING
- Winning is not always about passing the finish line first, having the most money, the biggest house or having the last word. Winning is about how much of a difference we’ve made around us. If we’ve done our very best, then we’ve won, regardless of what anyone else may say.
- There can only be one winner in a competition but life isn’t a competition.
- Winning is about having a winning attitude and winning ways.
- Winning is having a go, even though you’re scared or think you might not make it or might not be good enough or some people criticise you.
- Winning is failing but trying again and again and not being disheartened by setbacks big or small. You only lose when you give up on yourself or those around you. Keep trying your best and encourage those around you to do their best.
- Winning is simply not giving in. It’s being true to yourself and staying your course while not allowing yourself to be distracted or disheartened when something doesn’t go your way.
- You are a winner if you take setbacks in your stride, always look to improve yourself, be kind and caring to the people around you and live with passion.
- Winning is doing what you know is right. Winning is not submitting to doubt. Winning is being the best you can be.
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
- Lead by example and share your winning ways, that’s the best way to be a real winner.