Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. Michael Jordan
Each week we discuss a Black Belt Attitude topic with the kids in our Warrior Talk. This week will be on Teamwork.
Our next grading is scheduled to take place on Sunday 16th September. Times are as follows:
Mighty Mites: 10.00-10:30 a.m
Juniors: 10.45-11.15 a.m
Adults: 11.30-1.00 p.m
Everyone has been working hard towards their next belt, so come along to celebrate their achievement. Family and friends are more than welcome to attend and watch the grading and belt presentations.
Developing a Black Belt Attitude: Teamwork
Working together towards a common goal or purpose. A team is not exclusive to sport or work. Partnerships are teams as are friends and family. Even though Martial Arts is a singular sport there can still be an essence of bonding and working together. At WestStar the teamwork is reflected in the strength of friendships and community amongst the members.
- Reflect on the needs of the team and not your own individual needs.
- Constantly involve, touch and maintain connection with team members. Be interested.
- Listen to others with an open awareness and be open to new ideas and ways of thinking.
- Actively contribute to the overall well being of your team.
- Lead others within your team by setting excellent standards.
Sticks in a bundle are unbreakable. Kenyan Proverb